The Hague, The Netherlands - September 2006

>> Friday, September 29, 2006

Pretty unusual to write a travel blog over the Hague, where I am living after all. I thought however it would be nice to tell you a bit about a nice modern art festival which takes place there every year at the end of september: Today's art festival. On the Spui, next to the city hall, you find visual art performers, light shows and many other artists who gather to make you discover their world. Part of the festival is free. To be honest, the 2005 edition did not impress me and it was with much reluctancy that I attended the 2006 one. I got very surprised this year and I must tell you that I enjoyed myself a lot. I particularly liked a classical music show, where a dancer was performing in front of a hotel whose rooms were all dark at first. Each time a new instrument was playing, a room was enlightened...very nice and, for once, something inventive and full of creativity!!! An automat also attracted the public's attention. Finally, I'll mention the asian movies which were screened, particularly the one over Tokyo's subway system: this is what I call an overcrowded subway!!!









This year, I had a nice evening and I certainly will attend next year's edition. You can check the pics here

0 commentaires:

About This Blog

This blog aims at keeping my friends and family up to date about my weekend and holiday trips.
I consider I'm extremely lucky to be able to travel so much. Not everybody has this chance...Through this blog, I am hence trying to bring pieces of the world back with me, and thereby provide inspiration to my dear ones.

Ghandi's quote

"Vivez comme si vous deviez mourir demain. Apprenez comme si vous deviez vivre éternellement"

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP